MMAPA Chat Group Posting Guidelines
The purpose of the MMAPA chat group is to help answer questions for parents
who are new to the MMA experience. It is also a means for parents to
share experiences with each other in a positive and supportive manner. It
also provides a format for Academy staff to post information of interest
to the parents.
Please respect the following guidelines:
1. When posting, please ensure that you use a descriptive subject
line so that members can quickly and easily identify the subject of your
post. This will often help to get a quicker response to your question.
2. Please do not modify the subject line of any existing topic when
replying as it breaks the thread of conversation, making it very difficult
to follow, particularly with the web interface or if people are reading through
the archives. This point is particularly important for members who
are tempted to change the subject line of a topic they started but has not
been resolved, as members following the thread may miss the solution to the
3. Before posting, please check the message archives and the FAQ
section of the MMAPA website (www.mmapa.org) to see if your question has
previously been answered.
4. When replying to a post, please quote the information relevant
to your reply, but trim out all other non-relevant information such as the
previous poster's signature and the footers that get appended to every post.
5. Please take the time to review your message for clarity, spelling,
tone, etc. before hitting the send button.
6. Good natured debate is acceptable, if kept within the grounds
of civility. Flaming (attacking another member) will not be tolerated. Attacking
someone's personal beliefs is also unacceptable, and will result in being
put in moderated status, or, in extreme circumstances, being banned from
7. Avoid sending message which are no more than gratuitous replies
to replies, as it adds unnecessarily to all members' in-boxes.
8. It is best to stick to facts when answering someone's question. If
an opinion is asked for or warranted, please refrain from making judgmental
comments. Posters on this group are asked to be particularly sensitive
to making statement that could be construed as making judgments about how
other parents are raising their children.
9. Anonymous posts sent through another member will not be allowed.
A violation of these guidelines could result in a warning by one of the
group managers. A second violation may result in the member being placed
on moderated status, at the discretion of the managers. Serious violations
could result in removal from the group.